Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Up Up and Away!!!!!!!

Tomorrow morning Gregg and I will be going to Puerto Rico. I am so excited! We will be traveling for a wedding that Gregg is the best man in. whatever the reason this will be an amazing time for us. It has been a while...almost 9 months since Gregg and I have gone away together and we all know what happened then, wink wink.
several have asked me if its OK for me to travel and I assure you that I checked, and rechecked with my doctor about the safety of this trip and he assured me every time that I would be fine. He gave me a few suggestions but nothing to extreme and only to make it more comfortable for me. So thank you for all your concerns but I will be just fine, I pray. The other concern has been with the Swine Flu...first of all Puerto Rico is not in Mexico, secondly...well I don't have a secondly but seriously people I already paid for this trip and I am not staying home out of fear. Doesn't the Bible say that fear is not from God. I have faith that I will be fine.
With all that said; I did have the most unusual feeling last night.
We started to get the house ready before our trip. I hate the idea of being gone and coming home tired to a messy house so my wonderful husband helped me do some good ole deep cleaning. Well while I was dusting shelves in the bathroom i suddenly thought what if I never come back here....
It was an unusual thought even for me and if you know me you know I can think of some pretty wild what if's. It suddenly occurred to me that if something happened to me on this trip this might be the last time I clean this house. Then it just went way out there and I started feeling that I should clean everything in case something happened and someone else was in my house going through my things. I had this mental image of my parents bringing the kids to our house and my mom commenting on how clean the house was....
I know insane!!! I am going to blame it all on the pregnancy hormone which have turned me into another person lately anyways. I have complete peace about this trip and about my our safety, no clue where that morbid thought train came from. Nonetheless my house is immaculate now.
I have been torturing myself reading blogs about dying people lately and that could have very well played a huge role in it but I rest assure that God's hand will be with us throughout this trip.
Other than getting ready for our trip everything is going great. Only 2 weeks of school left, after my return!
Hope you all have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers